“My soul comes from better worlds and I have an incurable homesickness of the stars.” – Nikos Kazantzakis
I have been obsessed with many forms of science my whole life. My favorite subject in elementary class was science with Mr. Baugh. As I grew up, my interest grew as well. I became interested in Astronomy, Ecology, and Oceanology. Then I developed more specifics interests like shark biology, extraterrestrial life, the quest for Mars, and parallel universes.
I religiously searched the internet for lectures, documentaries, articles…anything I could find on all sorts of topics and was captivated. I became a huge fan of scientists such as Carl Sagan, Steven Hawking, and Neil de Grasse Tyson.
I have compiled a list of my favorite videos, writings, and books on science. Even if you’re not super into science, give one of them a try. You might just find a new passion in your life. Enjoy!
The Drunk History Episode on Carl Sagan (Season 3, Episode 13)
Articles and Websites
- A Brief History of Time by Steven Hawking
- Astrophysics for People in a Hurry by Neil de Grasse Tyson
- The Universe in a Single Atom by the Dalai Lama
- The Making of the Atomic Bomb by Richard Rhodes
- Pale Blue Dot: A Vision of the Human Future in Space by Carl Sagan
- The Language Instinct by Steven Pinker
If you have read any of these before or found them through this article, make sure to tell me about them in the comments!
As always, make sure to like, comment, share, or subscribe 🙂 I’d really appreciate it!